With the festive season upon us, it isn’t long before the turkey is basting, the tree is decorated and the halls are decked. So to ensure that you have a Feliz Navidad and not a Feliz Navidebt here are some tips to help you get the most out of the festivities without going from HO, HO, HO to OH, NO-NO.
The first thing to remember is that the holidays are about having fun and spending time with the ones that you love. However, family activates can end up extremely pricey when you add up all of the costs involved. Here are some examples of actives that skim on the price but not on the fun.
1) Plan a trip to your local botanical garden: Entrance is usually free or very minimal and they allow you to bring your own picnic baskets. Just pack up a few homemade snacks, your picnic blanket, board games and your favorite people before heading out on an outdoor adventure.
2) Try Geocaching: Simply download the app on your phone, signup for a free account and then head out on a treasure hunt. The general idea behind this is that members of the Geocaching community hide “treasures” called caches and leave the co-ordinates of these caches so that others can find them. Caches are usually filled with little trinkets from people who have found them. There’s just one rule, if you remove an item from the cache you have to replace it with something of a similar or higher value.
3) Visit local museums: You will be pleased to note that there are a lot more museums than you might think. A quick internet search and you have a day that’s both fun and educational.
4) Visit art galleries: Now whilst the art on display might be out of our low-budget plans, browsing is free. Walk through the works of some of the local talent and maybe even get to meet the artists themselves. Most art galleries have quirky coffee shops where you can sit and sip on your favorite java whilst discussing your take on the art.
5) Monetize your clutter: Whilst cleaning might not sound like heaps of fun, decluttering can actually help you make some extra cash. Put on some music, get a little refreshment table with snacks and beverages and go through the stuff that you no longer need. The easiest rule is that if you haven’t used it in a year then you probably don’t need it at all. Reminisce as a family over old finds and collect anything that you don’t use anymore. Once that is done all you have to do is assess its value, take a few pictures and advertise them for free online. You could also donate whatever you don’t sell to a charity in need.
We at Structured Wealth Management can even help you invest the money that you make from your sales. So you can watch your wealth grow.
Written by Bianca Chetty
We plan our days with memos, alarms and reminders. But often, we are so busy planning our lives that we forget to plan for what happens when we are no longer around.
Thinking about death is not easy, however, it is inevitable and one can only ensure that we take whatever measures are available to make the transition as easy as possible for the ones that we leave behind.
Here at Structured Wealth Management we aim to show you the easiest and most effective way to your will. We are here so that you can live your life without the worry of disputes and conflict between your loved ones due to unclear instructions of how your estate gets divided. Our team can help by advising on any issues that you may have overlooked, giving peace of mind in knowing that your will is valid and complies with the law.
Give us a call today so that you don’t have to worry tomorrow.
Written by Bianca Chetty